Friday, August 6, 2010

Facebook Updates

Sometimes people's Facebook status updates really piss me off.

There.

I said it.

Those people who post about missing their husband because he has to work late? At least he's coming home. You have no idea what missing someone really is.

Those people Facbook breaking up - she's now single, he's now single, she 'doesn't know why she's the only one fighting for them', blah blah blah. You suck for throwing away a spouse when I would give anything for mine.

Those people who feel the need to post about every insignificant event that happens to them during the day? I'm so glad you just took a pee. My husband died.

Oh and to the person who posted Craig's obit all over the place? Get bent. It's not that fun or exciting. And you don't even know him. Grrrr...

Yes, it's ridiculously bitchy.

Yes, their lives go on even if mine doesn't.

Yes, I may spend too much time on Facebook.

Ugh.

Time to head back to the widow boards where cyberspace isn't as full of the DGI (Don't Get It) masses.

Or maybe I just need some chocolate.

Yeah.

That one.

I think there's a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in the kitchen...

*shuffles to the fridge*

NOM NOM NOM

Nope.

Still bitchy.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I really kinda felt awkward there for a moment! I'm definitly in the DGI group.
    Then I see that you knew what you were doing and it ended in humour with a faint crooked smile on my face.
    Although I am sorry the Reeses didn't solve the no Craig problem. If only life were that simple.

    Let it out, Emily. Let it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Just found your blog recently and unfortunately I am a widow as well... This post about facebook gave me a good chuckle.
    Thank you!
    Have you heard of Camp Widow on sslf.org? (Soaring Spirits Loss Foundation)Amazing!! You may wanna check it out.
    Jenn dings3@linkline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Those people who post about missing their husband because he has to work late? At least he's coming home. You have no idea what missing someone really is"

    I totally agree with this! It's so annoying when people post things like that. Your right they don't have any idea what missing someone truly is unless they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's twisted the kind of perspective that most people lack. People get bent out of shape because someone gave them attitude or they had to work 5 minutes late... You would give anything to have such "simple" issues....

    I am so sorry that you have to be exposed to this useless banter when all you want is your life back.

    We're strangers, and I do not have a clue how you feel. But I feel for you, and my heart really goes out to you.

    May God truly bless and watch over you.

    Much love from another Canadian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this. Youve voiced perfectly how I feel, and in a fun way, it actually made me chuckle.

    Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this. Youve voiced perfectly how I feel, and in a fun way, it actually made me chuckle.

    Thank you x

    ReplyDelete