Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dear God

I know we haven't been on very good terms lately. I know I've shouted at you, cursed you, screamed that you had abandoned me.

But right now, this minute, I desperately need you.

If you could please find it in your heart to forgive me and take a little bit of pity on me to help me get through this.

Never have I needed you more.

I have to testify. I am unprepared. I am not ready.

But I have to do this.

And it's going to take a miracle for me to get through it.

So please.

Please, please, please, help me get through all four pages without tripping over my words or missing lines.

Help me be clear, concise, and speak from the heart.

Take my words and let them be understood, let them make an impact.

Help me keep from crying (too much) so I don't have to stop or quit part way through.

Help me speak for Craig because he cannot.

I just need to get through this one last piece, and then I can rest.

Your Prodigal Daughter

1 comment:

  1. It will be tough, but just focus on Craig-you are speaking for him, for your love, for the life you both don't get to share....you will do amazing. My friend who lost her little girl was surprised how it was much easier to give her eulogy than she thought. She said talking about how wonderful she was was the easy part, living the days without her was the hard part.
    I know Craig will be there for you, giving you strength with every word, every breath. He is already so proud of you and I can only imagine how proud you will make him that day-giving him a voice, showing how much meaning his life had and continues to have for you and so many others. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete