Monday, September 20, 2010

The La-Z-Boy

Last Christmas Craig bought himself this gorgeous leather La-Z-Boy recliner. He loved it and wouldn't let anyone else sit in it (if he caught me sneaking in there, he'd give me a hard time for wrecking his butt groove).

He only had it a couple months before he died so it's pretty much brand new, mint condition. I've been planning to sell it for some time since I never use it and it just takes up space in my already cramped living room.

A friend of mine came over to help me move it into a spare room to store it for now along with some other boxes.

Fine, no big deal.

I don't know what the hell happened. As soon as we re-adjusted the couches in the living room it was like the chair had never been there. I don't know why, but I burst into tears. All out sobbing, sniffling, you name it.

Eff.

Just when I thought I was doing ok, not crying every day, making it on my own... something stupid like a chair derails me.

1 comment:

  1. It's not the chair removal that hit you it is the simple fact that another part of Craig has been removed from your life. There will be many things that will set you off and cause you to cry uncontrolably. Speaking from experience the tears will flow but for not as long as time goes by. Hang in there and take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete