Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Charges and Court

Got a call from the sargeant last night. They have laid charges. Not criminal charges, just a couple traffic violations:

http://newsroom.calgary.ca/pr/calgary/march-16-2010-two-vehicle-fatality-159409.aspx

This guy could likely just get fined a few hundred dollars.

I guess that is what a person's life is worth.

I don't want anyone else to suffer and I didn't think I cared one way or the other, BUT it just seems so... minimal. People get speeding tickets for more than that.

And now off to court for me next month, reopening the wound, revisiting all the gory details. Death by a thousand cuts.

God grant me the strength to forgive. I am just not capable on my own.

1 comment:

  1. do you have any idea as to why they won't be charging the other driver with manslaughter? I thought that since Craig died that that charge was almost guaranteed?

    ReplyDelete